Madras Lentil Lettuce Wraps
Submitted by Laura a happy customer!
- 1 package of Madras Lentils
- 2 heads of Romaine Lettuce washed and dried with ends cut off (or one large head of ice berg cut in half)
- 2 tomatoes (or 1 very large tomato)
- 1 onion chopped
- Jalapeno peppers
- 2 Cups of chopped radishes
- 2 Cups of chopped cucumbers
- Low sodium salsa
- Avocado (we like to put some fresh cilantro, lime, and sea-salt in ours, but you can use plain avocado as well)
- Any other toppings that appeal to you.
This is SO EASY.
- Once you prepare the above-lettuce and toppings, you simply heat the Madras Lentils in the micro-wave and place in a bowl with a spoon and you are set.
- The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any taco toppings that appeal to you. The table set is lovely with all the fresh cut veggies in different bowls.
- The radishes and cucumbers were an idea we borrowed from a local Mexican eatery named “Sanora’s” – it is my understanding that the Sanora region serves food with bowls of chopped radishes and cucumbers on the side – it is fabulous.
- You can use whatever toppings you like or have on hand. We throw on some black olive slices next time.