Stuffed Grape Leaves (Brown Rice)
- 1 pouch of Tasty Bite Brown Rice
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped yellow onion (about 1 med onion)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 TBSP pine nuts
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsely
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh mint
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh dill
- 2 TBSP golden raisins
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 30 bottles large grape leaves
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion and cook until transparent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add green onion, Tasty Bite Brown Rice, pine nuts, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, besides grape leaves, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Rinse grape leaves with cold water, drain well. Pat dry with paper towels, remove stems and discard.
- Spoon 1 TBSP of rice mixture into each grape leaf.
- Bring 2 opposite sides points of grape leafs to center, fold over filling. Beginning at 1 short side, roll up leaf tightly, jelly roll fashion. Place stuffed grape leaves seam side down, into a vegetable steamer.
- Steam for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Serves 8; 45 mins prep time.