Cheesy Chickpea & Mushroom Falafel (Chunky Chickpea)
- 1 pouch Tasty Bite Chunky Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup or 8 oz. Button or Shitake Mushroom
- 1/3 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 tsp. Green Chili
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper crushed to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- Handful of torn Fresh Italian Basil
- Olive Oil for frying
- Tahini (optional)
- Heat olive oil in pan; add oregano, chopped green chili and onion to the pan.
- Sauté till golden brown, now add mushrooms and chickpeas.
- Allow to cool then place all in food processor. Add cheese, chopped red pepper chopped basil and seasoning. Blend all together in food processor until thick paste forms.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Using a Tbsp. drop spoonfuls of falafel mixture in hot oil, fry until they are a golden color.
- Serve with dollop of tahini.
Makes 8 servings. Preparation Time: 30 minutes.