Madras Lentil Chili
- 2 packs Tasty Bite Madras Lentils (3 for vegetarian version)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 lb ground turkey, cooked and crumbled (ensure turkey is thoroughly cooked)
- 1 cup canned, diced or fresh, diced tomatoes
- dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in saucepan, add chopped onions and cook till soft and translucent.
- Add green pepper, continue cooking until soft.
- Add 2 packs Tasty Bite Madras Lentils
- Add ground turkey, mix in well. *
- Add dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with taco chips. Or over rice. Or, add shredded cheese and eat as is.
*for vegetarian version, omit turkey and use 3 packs Madras Lentils.