Toasted Pita Salad with Chunky Chickpeas
- 2 pitas, split in half horizontally
- 3 cups chopped tomato
- 1 ½ cups chopped English cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 pouch of Tasty Bite Chunky Chickpea Meal Inspirations
- Place pita on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely and break pita into small pieces.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, parsley and Tasty Bite Chunky Chickpeas in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice and olive oil, whisk.
- Pour juice mixture over tomato mixture, toss gently.
- Add pita pieces to bowl, toss gently.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Serves 6; 20 mins prep time.